Pickling is one of the oldest ways to preserve food. Add Pickling Spice directly to the brine, or place in a tea ball or cheesecloth for easy removal.
- Use to make sweet and sour chutneys.
- Use to season fruit compotes.
- Add to sauerkraut.
- Add to fish and shellfish sauces.
- Add to vinegar for making relishes.
- Use to pickle zucchini, cukes, tomatoes, cauliflower, beets, onions, kohlrabi, peppers, cabbage, or pears.
- Add to fish or shellfish stews.
- Try placing pickling spice in a tea ball or small piece of cheesecloth. Add to homemade or purchased applesauce and warm in a saucepan. Remove the spices and serve the enlivened applesauce.
Pickling Spice, ORGANIC
- Brand: Frontier Bulk
SuggestedUses: An all purpose blend for pickling cucumbers and all types of vegetables.
Ingredients: Organic yellow mustard, organic cinnamon chips, organic allspice, organic dill seed, organic celery seed, organic bay leaf, organic chili peppers, organic cloves, organic caraway, organic ginger root.
Size: 1 lb
Package: Bulk Bag
Introduction Date: 2003-09-01
Serving Size 1/2 tsp (3.0g)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 10 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g 0%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 5mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 2g 0%
Dietary Fiber <1g 2%
Vitamin A 3% • Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 2% • Iron 2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Common Name: Pickling Spice
Bar Code: 0-89836-02901-0